2 in law: the jurisdiction where a trial will be held
- SAMPA: /"vEnju:/
EtymologyFrom venue feminine past participle of verb venir.
- A place, especially the one where a given event is to happen.
- A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.
- A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.
- Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.
place, especially the one where a given event is to happen
The word venue derives from the Latin for to come, and implies a place that people come to. The word may refer to:
- A venue as the location for an event
- Venue (law), place of a trial
- Change of venue, moving a trial to a new location
- Music venue, concert site, especially among touring acts
- Sports venue, arena or other showground for sporting events
- Theater (structure), location for performing theatre
- Venue (magazine), "what's on" magazine for the Bristol and Bath areas of the United Kingdom